- ★ Protect Your Confidential Information With Google 2-Step Authentication
- ★ Guidelines for Cleaning/Disinfecting Technology Devices
- ★ Laptops for Educators (L4E) distribution, collection, and/or exchange Information
- ★ GlobalProtect VPN (Virtual Private Network) Software Installation Directions
- ★ SFUSD Username or Email Account for a Non-Employee (Contractor, Vendor, Intern, Student Teacher) or Renew Expired Account
2021-2022 Back to School
Distance Learning Resources Hub
- Synergy and TeacherVUE Resources for people working with students
- Professional Development Opportunities for people working with students
- Virtual Meeting Resources for people working with students
- Distance Learning Resourcees and Tools for People Working with Students
- Security, Safety & Privacy in Distance Learning Online Environments
- Department of Technology (DoT) Webinars
How do I...?
Security and Safety
- ★ Virtual Private Network (VPN) Global Protect Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) Enrollment Instructions and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Online searches and search engines restricted for safety while on SFUSD network.
- Is Your School Site Digital Citizenship Certified?
- Phishing: Not As Fun as it Sounds
- Google: Sign-in Changes for Increased Security
- Where can I find resources about phishing and email scams?
Virtual Online Meetings and Collaboration
TeacherVue and Gradebook
- ★ How Do I Sync Gradebook and Google Classroom to Share Assignments in ParentVue
- ★ Synergy: Self-Paced Teacher Portal & Gradebook (TeacherVUE) Guide
- ★ How do I submit grades for middle school or high school student report cards using Synergy TeacherVue Gradebook?
- TeacherVue Weekly Engagement Template
- How do I find my student SFUSD account information (username and/or password)? I'm a classroom teacher.
- Middle or High school teachers see N/A when submitting final/semester grades for report cards in TeacherVue Gradebook
Google Workspace - Email, Drive, Calendar & More
- How do I get a new Google Voice account phone number or set it up with my SFUSD Google Account?
- How do I back up my MacBook files to Google Drive?
- How do I find out what permissions are for various Google (GAFE) Apps?
- How do I get Google Sites turned on for my middle school?
- Where can I find training resources for Google Apps?
- Former employee access to SFUSD Gmail, Google Drive, Google Classroom, Google Forms, etc.
- How can parents/guardians stop receiving sms text messages from the SFUSD via SchoolMessenger?
- How can I find SchoolMessenger opt-in flyers to share with my parents and guardians so that they can receive SMS text messages?
- How do I find information about the SchoolMessenger daily attendance absence call notifications to parents/guardians?
- How do I get SchoolMessenger (autodialer) Access or Authorization Form for Principals to authorize staff?
- SchoolMessenger Broadcast Step-by-Step Guides.
Telephones and Telecom & VoIP
- GoToConnect Resources (AKA Jive, GTC, LMI, LogMeIn & VoIP)
- How do I access my school voicemail?
- How do I remotely access my Mitel office voicemail from home or outside the office?
- How do I forward my Mitel calls to another phone number?
- Where can I find a user guide for my Polycom SoundStation telephone conference system?
- Where can I find a user reference guide for my district office Mitel telephone?
Synergy Student Information System
- ★ My student can't log in to the SIS Student Portal (StudentVue). What do I do?
- Printing Elementary Standards Based Report Cards (SBRC) for School Office Staff
- Finalize grades for middle or high school report cards and request grading reports (for school office staff)
- How do I manage or use Synergy Student Groups?
- Grading period calendars for report cards for the 2022-2023 school year
- How do I enable/activate a class section so that I can see the students in my TeacherVue seating chart?
Using District Email
- How do I change my SFUSD employee email password?
- How do I set up my SFUSD email account on my iPhone or other iOS device?
- What are the SFUSD Password Requirements?
- How do I set up my smartphone to access or sync with my SFUSD District email or calendar or contacts?
- How do I change my email address or SFUSD login name? I recently changed my legal name.
- How do I forward my SFUSD district email to my personal email account, like Gmail or Yahoo?
- How can parents/guardians/families submit new information or update existing emergency card information online through ParentVue?
- How to I change a grade on a middle school student's report card? I am a classroom teacher or an authorized school faculty or staff member.
- How do I change a student/parent/guardian/family, address?
- How do I view conference rooms available and/or reserve a meeting room ?
- How do I get Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) installed on my SFUSD-issued Laptops for Educators (L4E) device?
- How do I install a printer on my computer?
- How do I submit or enter my elementary physical education (PE) instructional minutes?
- How do I use the SchoolMessenger App for Teacher Initiated Messaging (TIM) for my classroom? I'm a classroom teacher and want to reach my students and/or their parents/guardians.
- Add School Messenger App to communicate with Families & Students
- How do I get students badges to log In to Chromebooks with Clever Badges for K-3 Students?
- Designate a Digital Learning Facilitator & Cohort Support
- How do I create/print Clever badges for my students.
Other systems in the SFUSD
- How can I reach the Substitute Teacher Office with questions about the Substitute Teacher System PowerSchool SmartFind Express?
- View, print, or download paycheck stub and forms W-2 online
- How does a parent or guardian accept an EPC student assignment offer using ParentVue?
- How do I find information about the online process for submitting a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)?
- How do I reset my SearchSoft account password?
- How can a parent/guardian update their contact information in ParentVue?
Smarter Balanced Assessment System - SBAC
- How do I find the OS and iOS and Browser Requirements for SBAC testing?
- Can the District supply us with headphones, mice or keyboards?
- SBAC testing known issues.
- My MacBookAir is freezing. How can I get it working?
- Where can I find a user manual for my device cart?
- Where can I get more detailed information about SFUSD Testing?
Lost or Stolen Equipment Procedure
Purchasing, Acquiring Software & Disposing of Computers and Other Equipment
- App Approval and Contracting Process
- Digital App Approval Process
- Approved student apps and digital tools (Digital Backpack)
- Purchasing District-Approved Digital Tools
- How do I return a Laptops for Educators (L4E) laptop computer? I am leaving the SFUSD or am changing my position.
- Technology donation best practices for school sites and departments.