For safety and security, we have streamlined the login process and made changes to security settings. Please be aware of the following changes for the upcoming year.
- Staff and students must now log in using their SFUSD Google Account.
- Students will no longer join meetings through the Zoom app on their Chromebooks. They will need to log in directly from a Zoom meeting link.
- All school site staff (except administrators) will now have the “require authentication to join” option checked by default.
- It is recommended that all persons check each meeting to confirm that this setting is correctly applied - “Require authentication to join: SFUSD-Hosted Class Meeting.”
- There are ways for site staff to add exceptions to allow external participants to join, when needed.
- If you are at a site, and you plan to host public meetings in Zoom, check your settings first to ensure you can allow external participants.
- Names for SFUSD meeting guests will now appear exactly as they appear in Google for staff and students. The ability to add pronouns in Zoom will still be available once a user has joined a meeting.
Please visit our Zoom 2021-2022 Resources for more information.