As of July 2019 Google ceased providing Google Voice as a free service for newly established Google Voice phone numbers. Google Voice accounts that were created in the past will continue to function but no new Google Voice phone numbers are being provided for free.
SFUSD Google accounts are not eligible for new Google Voice phone numbers but you may subscribe using a non-SFUSD personal Google account. Additional information about Google Voice and pricing may be found at this link: Google Voice Information and Pricing.
If you already have an established Google Voice account phone number, following are helpful resources:
- Read transcriptions of voicemails. Watch a video »
- Customize which phones ring. Watch a video »
- Personalize greetings for different callers. Watch a video »
- Make cheap international calls. Watch a video »
- Forward SMS to email. Watch a video »
- Share voicemails with friends. Watch a video »
- Block unwanted callers. Watch a video »
- Screen callers before answering. Watch a video »
- Access the mobile app on your phone. Watch a video »
- Conference call with co-workers. Watch a video »