To receive a Laptop for Educators (L4E) device, an educator must:
- Be a current San Francisco Unified School District employee
- Have an active SFUSD email account and password
- Users will be unable to login or receive a device without one
Special Event Distribution (must be a registered attendee for either event to receive a device):
- New Teacher Orientation at Burton High School on August 6th & 7th from 7am-8am
- Digital District Day at John O'Connell High School on August 13th from 7:30am-3pm
General Distribution: After August 13th all eligible educators can pick up a device by appointment. Please submit a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-241-6476 to schedule a time. Pick up locations are as follows:
- Department of Technology Help Desk at 555 Franklin Street, Room 1 (Basement)
- Monday through Friday between 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (excluding holidays)
- Department of Technology Support Office (Room 107) at the Enola Maxwell Campus
- Monday through Friday between 8:30am - 5:00pm (excluding holidays)
Note: Educators who previously received an L4E device but are no longer eligible through job reclassification or falling below .6 FTE will be required to return district-issued, L4E devices. After the beginning of the school year, the DoT will begin contacting educators with devices who are no longer eligible to participate in the L4E program to arrange collection.
Update: The Department of Technology will be refreshing L4E devices during the upcoming 2018-2019 school year. Details on the exchange are to come after the start of the school year. Please visit l4e.sfusd.edu or contact email@example.com for additional information.