Student email addresses do not auto-populate in Google Classroom because it is far too easy to invite the incorrect student(s). By providing students with a class code to join a Classroom, you're sure to have only the invited students into your Google Classroom and the possibility that incorrect students are invited is almost all but eliminated.
To give students a code to add themselves to your Google Classroom:
- Sign in to Classroom at classroom.google.com (https://classroom.google.com/) .
- Go to the class page. The class code is on the left of the stream.
- Provide students with the class code or write it on the board or project it on an overhead screen.
- Give the students these instructions:
- Sign in to Google Classroom at classroom.google.com (https://classroom.google.com/) .
- On the Home page, click the "+" button in the upper, right-hand corner to join the class. You may have to click the Menu then Classes in the upper left to see the "+" button.
- Enter the code that I gave you in the box and click "Join."