Apple TV may be used while attached to the SFUSD network. Following is what’s required.
- Apple TV.
- Ruckus Wireless Access Point (WAP). Submit a service request ticket to determine if your school has a Rukus WAP: http://help.sfusd.edu).
- A valid iTunes account.
- Apple Computer with latest version of Apple Configurator (v1.3 as of 7/19/13).
- Copy of #SFUSD Wi-Fi mobile device profile. Submit a service request ticket to request this MDM Profile be send to you: http://help.sfusd.edu.
- Micro USB cable (not included with Apple TV).
- Plug in Apple TV (ATV) to a power outlet.
- Select default language.
- When you get to the “Select Wireless Network” screen, press the MENU key on the remote.
- Select OK.
- When the ATV gets to the screen that says “Your Apple TV isn’t connected to the network”, plug the ATV into the Apple computer running Apple Configurator with the Micro-USB cable.
- Populate the Name field with a name that specifies location. School number and room number works well for this, for example: Everett Middle School, Room 221 would be entered as “529-221 Apple TV.”
- Make sure the box is unchecked next to “Number sequentially…”
- Turn off Supervision.
- Update iOS: When update is available.
- Do not select “Erase before installing.”
- Restore: Don’t restore backup.
- Click “Prepare” at the bottom of the window.
- When complete, click “Stop.”
- Click “Install Profiles…”
- Click “Next.”
- Click “Import…” to import the mobile device profile from location where it is saved.
- Make sure the checkbox next to “#SFUSD Wi-Fi Profile” is selected.
- Click “Next.”
- If successful, quit Apple Configurator.
- Disconnect micro-USB cable.
These directions are also available in the attached document for easy printing.
SFUSD Information Technology Department
July 13, 2013